- Thoroughly wash and pat your skin dry before starting.
- Turn the dial to the lowest setting.
- Plug the Derma Wand into an electrical outlet. The unit will
immediately begin to generate a high-frequency pulse. Give it a few
seconds to warm up. Some units can take up to a minute to warm up when
they are first turned on or after sitting for a couple of days. Please
- Touch the bulb to your hand. You will feel a slight tingling sensation and the bulb will glow with an orange light.
- If you touch the bulb to an inanimate object, like the table,
the bulb will not glow. This is because it requires the energy from
your body to activate it.
- Lift the bulb slightly off of your skin, about an eighth of
an inch, so that a stream of high-frequency energy passes between the
bulb and your hand. You will be able to smell the enriched oxygen being
- With the unit still set at the lowest level, place the bulb
directly on the area to be treated. Work at the lowest intensity until
you feel comfortable with the sensation of the Derma Wand.
- By turning the dial, gradually increase the intensity until you reach a level that is comfortable.
Note that you may experience different comfort levels in different
areas of your face. Always work at the highest level that you are
comfortable with for the best results. You cannot hurt yourself, even
at the highest level.
Cleansing and purifying
- Sweep the bulb of your Derma Wand back and forth over your face and
neck. You may prefer to work in a circular motion. Use whatever motion
is most comfortable for you. The important thing is to sweep your
entire face and neck.
Applying creams and lotions
- Using your Derma Wand, cleanse and purify your skin.
- Continue with your usual skincare regime. If you use toner, apply it now. Then apply your
favorite creams and lotions.
- Lightly sweep your Derma Wand over your entire face to enhance the effectiveness of your skincare products.
Firming and toning
By gently stimulating your facial muscles, the
Derma Wand firms and tones your skin.
Using your Derma Wand, thoroughly cleanse and purify your skin.
- Apply your favorite creams and lotions.
- Start with your forehead. Touch the bulb of your
Derma Wand to
your skin just above your eyebrows and sweep up towards your hairline.
Do not lift the bulb from the surface of your skin while you are
sweeping. When you reach your hairline, lift the bulb. Repeat until you
have swept your entire forehead.
- Next, move to your eyes. Turn your
Derma Wand to its lowest
setting. Circle your eye with your Derma Wand in a continuous motion.
Start at your temple, sweep underneath your eye along your cheekbone to
the bridge of your nose, then below your eyebrow back to your temple.
Circle each eye 5 times without lifting the bulb from your skin.
- Now firm and tone your cheeks. Adjust your
Derma Wand to a
level you are comfortable with. Beginning at your jawline, sweep your Derma Wand upwards. When you reach the top of your cheekbone, lift your
Derma Wand. Repeat until you have covered both your cheeks. Remember,
always sweep in an upwards direction to achieve maximum lift.
- Finally, move to your neck. Starting at your collarbone,
sweep your Derma Wand up over your jawline, then lift it from your skin.
Repeat until you have covered your entire neck.
Firming and toning problem areas
Once you have firmed and toned your face, you can focus on your
problem areas using the methods outlined below, or do them all to give
your whole face a lift. To achieve the most dramatic results, use
firmer pressure on the upward strokes and lighter pressure on the
Neck and Jawline
- Place the bulb of your Derma Wand just under the middle of your chin.
Using moderate pressure, glide the bulb along your jawline to just
below your ear lobe. Hold for a count of 5. Repeat three times on each
- Next, place the bulb just under the middle of your chin and
glide, with moderate pressure, up to the corner of your lower lip. Hold
for a count of 5. Repeat three times on each side.
- Once again, place the bulb just under the middle of your
chin and glide with moderate pressure along your "laugh lines" up to
the side of your nose. Repeat this movement three times on each side,
holding for a count of 5.
- Place the bulb of your Derma Wand just under your chin again.
Lift the skin up over your jawbone and hold for a count of 5. Do this
three times, then repeat the movement in a different place until you
have lifted your entire jawline.
- Place the bulb of your Derma Wand at the side of your nose and, with
moderate pressure, glide along the cheek bone to your temple. Hold for
a count of 5. Repeat three times on each side.
The following steps will help to firm and lift your eye area. For
the first few days, turn your Derma Wand down to the lowest setting. Then
gradually increase the setting, working at the highest level you find
comfortable. Remember, higher levels produce better results.
- Place the bulb of your Derma Wand underneath the inside corner of
your eyebrow. Press gently and lift the skin towards your brow. Do not
slide the bulb as you do in other treatments. Hold while counting to 5.
Release. Repeat until you have lifted your entire brow.
- Next, place the bulb of your
Derma Wand just above your
eyebrows and sweep up towards your hairline. When you reach your
hairline, hold for a count of 5. Repeat until you have lifted your
The stippling action of the
Derma Wand helps to drain the lymphatic system below the eyes, dramatically reducing puffiness.
- Apply eye cream or moisturizer to your eye area to ease gliding.
- Turn your Derma Wand to its lowest setting.
- Place the bulb on your cheekbone just below the inside corner
of your eye. Sweep along your cheekbone underneath your eye to your
temple. Hold for a count of 3, then continue the sweep down to your
jawline. Repeat 5 times on each eye.
You may not see immediate results, but within 5 minutes you will
begin to notice significant diminishing of the puffiness under each eye..
High frequency technology has been around for years and has proven
safe and effective. If you have any of the following conditions,
however, you should not use the Derma Wand.
Do not use the Derma Wand if you are prone to Rosacea. If you suspect
you have this condition, consult your dermatologist. Rosacea can be
aggravated by any type of massage and the Derma Wand provides a
If you have excessive capillaries or blood vessels near the surface
of your skin, you should not use the Derma Wand. A few visible
capillaries are not a problem, but if you have a large number of them,
using any type of massaging apparatus will exacerbate the problem.
Do not use the Derma Wand with products that chemically peel your
skin. Acid peels actually remove a layer of skin, bringing your
delicate capillaries closer to the surface. While undergoing these
treatments, any type of massage can over stimulate your already stressed
skin. We recommend that you postpone use of your Derma Wand until your
skin has had time to recover.
Here to try the Derma Wand Risk Free
The Derma Wand produces an electrical signal that could interfere with
the electrical functioning of a pacemaker. We have never had an
incident involving a pacemaker, but common sense suggests that if you
have a pacemaker, you should not use the Derma Wand.
A note on pregnancy
During pregnancy, you may experience changes in your complexion.
Some women develop acne. Others notice skin discoloration. These are a
natural result of hormonal changes. Rather than treat them, we
recommend that you postpone use of your Derma Wand until your skin
returns to normal.
For external use only
The Derma Wand is for external use only. Do not use on mucous
membranes (eyes, mouth, nose, etc.) The Derma Wand is not to be used
If you are experiencing excessive peeling, you are using your
Derma Wand at too high a setting and/or for too long a period of time.
Stop using your Derma Wand until your skin regains its normal texture and
color. When you start using it again, lower the setting and reduce the
duration of each session.
Excessive redness or swelling
Because it increases blood flow, any massage will cause redness to
occur. This is normal. If you experience excessive redness or swelling,
you may be over stimulating your skin. Stop using your Derma Wand until
your skin regains its normal texture and color. When you start using it
again, lower the setting and reduce the duration of each session.
Handling and storage
The bulb of your Derma Wand is breakable. Store your
Derma Wand in its
case when not in use and never operate a unit with a broken bulb.
Return it to the manufacturer for repair.
As with any electrical appliance, you should observe the following precautions.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not immerse in water.
- Do not use while standing in, sitting in, or in contact with water.
- Do not use near flammable or combustible substances.
- Unplug the unit when not in use.
- There are no user serviceable parts inside this unit. Do not attempt to open the case.